June 2017 Business Meeting Minutes

June 6, 2017

Meeting Opened – 6:00 p.m.

  • In attendance: Tami (Chair), Brian (Treasurer), Ian (Digital 12 step Chair), Juan (Friday Chair), Steve (F=IMR), Linda, Leslie, Pam (Weds = IMR), Greg (Literature), Stacey (Friday Secretary), Jeff (T=IMR), Becky (Secretary), Jacob (Sat=IMR), Jessica (Sunday IMR), Bruce (GSR), and Shane.
  • Minutes from May 2, 2017 were read by Becky. Bruce motion to accept, Jessica seconded. All in Favor

Treasurer Report

  • We have $503 of outstanding checks. Total deposits = $727.18. See attached report. We owe Ian $20 for Speaker’s Meeting Cake.  Becky motion to accept Treasurer report, Jeff seconded. All in favor.

Literature Report

  • Greg says all is good. Brian motion to accept Literature report, Bruce seconded. All in favor.

GSR Report

  • Bruce has posted the GSR Report here.
  • District 19 is right where it should be, prudent reserve is over now.
  • There was discussion of changing preamble at the beginning of the meetings. This will be left to the individual groups.
  • If any group is interested in bringing meetings into Providence in Everett, let Bruce know and he will notify treatment committee.
  • District 19 will hold their Annual Picnic August 6th from 10 AM to 2 PM at Legion Park. The theme is “Groovy Picnic 2017”.
  • Our group’s proposal to create a You Tube channel was read and received overwhelming support. They will take back to individual groups for discussion. They will bring it to the Assembly as a topic for discussion rather than a motion.
  • District newsletter is posted on the district Bulletin Board.

Brian made a motion to accept, Becky seconded, all in favor.

Old Business

  • Brian says Church is available do September 9, 2017 picnic.
  • Stacey S. will organize the September 9, 2017 Picnic and Leslie will assist.  
  • Wednesday IMR will talk to their group at their June 14th Business Meeting.
  • Brian’s term is up in August and he suggests to have the new Treasurer shadow him for a month.  Brian will review and update the Position Description here.
  • Brian nominated Jessica for Group’s Treasurer, Tami seconded, all in favor.
  • Becky nominated Pam for Group’s Alternate Treasurer, Tami seconded, all in favor.

New Business

  • Jessica from Sunday night group was asked by a meeting member to let us know that Alanon literature was read at the Friday Night Meeting. We were all excited that someone was using their IMR.
  • Stacey suggested that we teach about Group Conscience. A group conscience can be taken on the spot at a meeting. Newer AA members do not know this.

Meeting adjourned 6:50 p.m.

Leave a Reply